Thursday 3 April 2014

S is for sharing.

We have been enjoying our topic - My Space My Place this term.  In class we have been working on our Mihi and the children have been doing a great job.  We are also starting to learn about the different cultural make up of our class members.  Thanks everyone for the information you shared.

Yesterday we were lucky enough to have Nelsson's Mum Tina come and share a Samoan song with us.  It was lots and fun and we will keep working on it.  Thanks Tina.




Sa-vali-vali means go for a walk
Tau-tala-tala means too much talk
Alofa ia te oe means I love you
Take it easy, fai-fai le-mu

Tei-ne ma-na-ia means pretty girl
Ta’a-milo-milo means around and around
Whisper to me means musu-musu mai
Oi aue, means my, oh my

2 comments:

  1. Well done Room 6 and Nelsson's mum! Maybe you could share your Samoan song with Room 7?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa, it was so much fun singing with Room 6, they are fast learners and great singers! Of course I can come and share with Room 7, let me know what day will suit thanks Tina

    ReplyDelete